Based in Lyon, France
April 2, 2015 (PC)
The indie mobile hit blending resource management and gamebook, set in a dark sci-fi universe, dives in a new galaxy and goes multi-platform. This won’t be a straight port from the mobile version though! As ruthless as the original, Out There : Ω Edition will offer updated graphics and additional contents. Players will encounter new alien races, new ships, and a brand new ending. More than 50 new text adventures, written by FibreTigre, will darken your space odyssey. Out There : ΩE will provide uncharted planets and environments delivered by a new graphic engine. Last but not least, Siddhartha Barnhoorn will extend the existing soundtrack with new compositions. Out There : ΩE will be released on PC, Mac, Linux, iOS and Android. Owners of the classic version of Out There on mobile will get Ω Edition as a free update.
Out There is a hard sci-fi space exploration game blending roguelike, resource management and gamebook mechanics. You are an astronaut awaking from cryonics not in the solar system, but... out there... in a far and unknown place of the galaxy. In Out There, you will have to survive, tinkering your ship with what you can gather drifting in the void, and spot garden planets to refill your oxygen supply. Space is an hostile place ; dangerous and mysterious adventures will mark each step of your travel. You will not only meet intelligent species that won’t care about you, but also deal with ancient powers linked to your destiny and the fate of mankind itself. Survival and understanding of what is really at stake in the galaxy is the core of what Out There has to offer. With more than 250,000 copies sold on iOS and Android, Out There has been celebrated by the press and the gamers. Its accessible, yet deep, gameplay and its dark sci-fi atmosphere demonstrated that demanding games can find an audience on smartphones and tablets.
- 59 achievements, leaderboard
- A dark and melancholic, hard sci-fi adventure
- Explore a freshly procedurally-generated galaxy every new game
- 350+ unique text adventures with multiple choices
- Epic main storyline with 4 different endings
- 10 spaceships with different specs to discover
- Crafting system with 20 alien technologies built from 15 materials
- Engage with alien life forms and learn their language
- No combat ! It’s you against the environment
- Eerie score by award-winning composer Siddartha Barnhoom (Antichamber, The Stanley Parable)
- Fantastic pulp comics graphics
- High replay value
Out There Launch Trailer YouTube
Out There Documentary Trailer YouTube
Out There: Ω Edition - BETA Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for Out There : Ω Edition. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
Awards & Recognition
- "Best Game Design Award" Casual Connect
- "Game of the Week" TouchArcade
- "Gold Medal Award" PocketGamer
- "Best Mobiles Games of 2014" Game Informer
- "Best Mobile Games of 2014" Grab It Magazine
- "Leftfield Collection Official Selection" Rezzed 2013
- "Indie Games Arcade Official Selection" EGX 2013
- "Exploration and risk-taking are in its bones, and at heart it’s a Fighting Fantasy book adorned with solemn, sparse, affecting writing and prettily minimal art."
- Alec Meer, Rock, Paper, Shotgun
- "When deep space is so often the backdrop for combat missions or romance options, the distractedly terrified, lonely, whimsically unstable meanderings of Out There’s narrative are refreshing."
- Daniel Nye Griffiths, Forbes
- "The game manages to capture that amazing feeling of being alone in space, but packages it in a way that makes it satisfying even in quick bursts."
- Andrew Webster, The Verge
- "As an experience it is moving and unique and truly memorable."
- Owen Faraday, Pocket Tactics
Request Press Copy
Please fill in your e-mail address below and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
Siddhartha Barnhoorn is working on full lenght soundtrack for ΩE. But you can listen to the original soundtrack here. siddharthabarnhoorn.bandcamp.com.
About Mi-Clos Studio
The team behind Out There is composed of Mi-Clos Studio, which is lead by Michael Peiffert, and FibreTigre. Together, they have launched the mobile hit Out There to the universe.
More information on Mi-Clos Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Out There : Ω Edition Credits
Founder, Creative Director, Art, Mi-Clos Studio
Game Designer, Writer, Freelancer
Music and Sound, Freelancer
English localization, Freelancer